Saturday, January 21, 2017

Randje 53 & 54

I’m still working on my borders for Randje per week 2015. More info about this SAL at Randje per week. These are randje 53 & 54.
They were the last borders on page 9. Just click the photos to take a closer look.
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. 

Monday, January 16, 2017

Gate stitch

Sunday Stitch School is a private challenge at Queeniepatch, gate stitch is the 7th stitch. It was new to me, so I just had to give it a try. It’s a needlepoint stitch, but I first stitched it on 14 count Aida. The first sample is in green wool and is combined with cross stitch in purple perle 12.
My second sample is done in perle 8 and 12. Just take a closer look at my Aida sampler here.
And this is gate stitch on my pink 28 count linen needlepoint sampler. It’s done in perle 8. I used the instructions in Mary Thomas’s Dictionary of Embroidery Stitches.
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. 

Monday, December 12, 2016

Maybelle Garden

There's not much time for blogging, but I'm still working on my Maybelle Garden blanket.
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. 

Monday, November 28, 2016

Gingham Turtle

Some time ago I made this ATC for a colour combo swap. I used this crocheted turtle applique pattern and attached it to some pink Gingham. I used backstitches for the words. Just click the photo to take a closer look.
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. 

Monday, November 21, 2016

Detached split stitch

Sunday Stitch School is a private challenge at Queeniepatch, she started with Anundsjö StitchThis stitch is new to me, so I just had to give it a try. But first I flipped through my embroidery books to see if I could find it. I found it in The Stitches of Creative Embroidery by Jacqueline Enthoven, it’s detached split stitch. Luckily I have the Dutch translation of the same book, so I also found the Dutch name: losse splijtsteek. I have a few unfinished samplers and this stitch was perfect for my pretty fabric sampler. I used Stef Francis per 5 for my detached split stitch. Just click the photo to take a closer look.
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on. 

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Redwork patch

From time to time I participate in a Teesha Moore inspired patch swap. I made this patch for Johnny for a redwork swap. I used backstitch to quilt Sunbonnet Sue and cross stitches for the border. Just click the photo to take a closer look.
Follow me on Facebook
You can also follow this blog at Facebook. From time to time there will be extra posts there or sneak peeks of the things I'm working on.