donderdag 6 augustus 2009

Knotted buttonhole band

. . . is the TAST stitch I tried this week. First I used the aïda from my needleweaving experiment. The bottom row is the first I made. I made straight stitches with 2 strands of purple DMC and 3 strands of yellow for the knotted buttonholes. The top row is the same, I only used yellow.This morning I made a variation on my crazy Monday block. I used 4 strands of DMC for it. The straight stitches are ¼ inch wide and I made a double knotted buttonhole band. The rows on the top and bottom are stitched from left to right. The inside rows are stitched from right to left and decorated with beads. I will show the complete block next Monday.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. That is a very nice stitch. It looks very difficult.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Trillian,

    It looks difficult, but it is not. If you click the link on "TAST stitch", you can see how it works. Sharon made a great tutorial.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It will be fun to try this new decorative TAST stitch!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes, I'm looking forward to use different threads. In this old sample I only used stranded floss, it was all I had at the time.

      Verwijderen