zaterdag 30 januari 2010

Thorn stitch

After the chain braid stitch this thorn stitch was a piece of cake! I had a lot of fun with it and my square was filled with embroidery very quickly. I used 2 threads of stranded DMC for most of it. Only the red one on the left side is done in perle 5 for the long straight stitch and stranded DMC for the thorn stitch, but both have the same colour (498). The blue thread is a fantasy knitting yarn and I couched it with 2 pink threads of stranded DMC. I used some of the larger thorn stitches again as the base of a new thorn stitch. You can see it in the small red example and the small green and pink example. It’s a great freestyle stitch.

1 opmerking:

  1. That is a really pretty stitch - I am really enjoying seeing your different stitches.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen