dinsdag 8 februari 2011

Festival of Needles

A few days ago I wrote about my needle cases and the old needle case for my quilt needles. This weekend I made a new one and today I moved my quilt needles to their new home. At the left side are my quilt needles. At the right side a large needle I use to sandwich my quilts, an applique needle and pins and a chenille needle I used for my first redwork. In the centre I secured my first quilt needle with a stitch through its eye and a cross stitch. I used this needle to make my first quilt. It's bended and the point is blunt, but I cannot throw it away!
I found the inspiration for this needle case in the zentangles I made recently: Simplicity and Eyes Wide Shut. First I made two 3 inch squares with running stitches in perle 12. Then I stitched W2 with sorbello stitches in perle 8 and backstitches in perle 12. At the left side I stitched Hollibaugh with backstitches in DMC 80.
There's more info about the Festival of Needles at Threads Across the Web and Pintangle.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I just adore your zentangles, they really fascinate me and I would love to know more about them and what they are all about. It seems as though the different designs have different names. Your new needlecase is wonderful.
    x shirley

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thanks, Shirley. If you want to know more about zentangles, there's a link in my sidebar to Life Imitates Doodles and the diva's weekly challenge. You find lots of eye candy and more links there.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen