dinsdag 8 mei 2012

Old half chevron stitches

The TAST stitch for week 19 is half chevron stitch. This stitch is a combination of chevron and Cretan stitch. My first details are part of my TAST 2007 sampler. This octagon is stitched with a full thread of stranded floss and decorated with beads. The chevron part is on the outside with the arms of the Cretan part in the centre.
The next samples are all stitched with 2 threads of stranded floss. At the left 2 mirrored rows of half chevron stitches, at the right 3 single stitches in a different angle.
Two shifted mirrored rows.
Again two shifted mirrored rows, but this time they are touching. I like the diamond shapes between the rows.
Here I used the half chevron stitch to couch knitting yarn.
This detail is part of block 7 of my Crazy Monday quilt. It’s the only time I used this stitch after TAST 2007!

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks for posting your 1/2 Chevron pictures. I always find your TAST stitch posts helpful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. very lovely samples. thanks for sharing

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Your post is always so inspiring and innovative..beautiful work as always.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Beautiful and innovative samples of the stitch !
    hugs
    chris richards
    xxxxxxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen