dinsdag 29 mei 2012

Old & new knotted Cretan stitches

The TAST stitch for week 22 is knotted Cretan stitch. So far I only used it on my TAST 2007 sampler. This leave is part of that sampler. It’s stitched with 2 threads of stranded floss on muslin.
This is another detail on the same sampler. I couched a piece of bias fabric to my muslin with 2 threads of stranded floss and decorated it with beads.
It was late when I turned my computer off last night, but before I did that I had a quick look to see the TAST stitch for this week. This morning I just had to stitch a few new rows to my brown even weave TAST sampler. The first row is done in Stef Francis perle 5,
. . . . the second row in DMC perle 5. The result is very different!
When I was adding a new thread to the green row, I thought it would be possible to use 2 different threads. So I stitched the last row with green cotton a broder and off-white perle 8.
It was very important to hold both threads tight when I made the knot. I made a wonky photo holding my camera with my right hand and the off-white thread with the thumb of my left hand.
I’ve added a photo of today’s experiments to my Flickr-page.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi Annet, I like your samples - nice to see them in our holidays - in Croatia.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. so interesting idea to use two threads! thank you! )
    hugs, Masha

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Nice samples

    Shami.
    Www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I always come to your blog Annet after Sharon posts the next TAST challenge. It helps so much to see your great examples!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen