dinsdag 6 augustus 2013

Old Vandyke stitches

TAST stitch 76 is Vandyke stitch. I’ve used this stitch a lot, but only share my experiments today. This is my TAST 2010 Vandyke stitch sampler. I wrote about a few of the details here.
A detail on my last TAST 2010 sampler where I repeated most of the stitches. 
I combined the Vandyke stitch with a stretched houndstooth variation. The threads are perle 5 and 8.
This detail is part of my ATC Contrast. The Vandyke stitch is done in Stef Francis perle 5.
I like the Vandyke stitch because the arms of the stitch makes can be used as a foundation for another stitch. That’s what I did with the  last 2 samples. This detail is part of my raised chain sampler. The threads are Stef Francis perle 5.
This last detail was one of last year's experiments with Portuguese border stitch. Again I used the arms of the Vandyke stitch as the foundation. The threads are perle 5.
There are more old samples of the Vandyke stitch from other participants in the Flickr TAST group.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Your stitching is always beautiful Annet

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. some more great examples of what you can do with a stitch

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. The Vandyke stitch is new to me, and I have yet to get started.
    I see you are looking for ways to stretch each stitch and have come up with a lot of idea this time. It looks very good in variegated thread.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. You are so creative! I like the section where the two colors are interlocked (lower right).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen