dinsdag 20 mei 2014

Rope stitch

TAST stitch 110 is rope stitch. TAST stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, 
an embroidery challenge at Pin Tangle.

It was the perfect stitch for another seam on my CQ fan block.
First I drew I nice curvy line with one of Sharon B’s CQ stencils.
Then I stitched rope stitch with YLI silk buttonhole twist.
I liked the result, but this seam needed a little more.
Maybe a few sequins? I wasn’t sure, but these should be added when all seams are done, so I could wait.
The next day I flipped through a few embroidery books and found a row of beaded half buttonhole wheels in Bead embroidery stitch samples by Yasuku Endo. 
I stitched my beaded buttonhole wheels in stranded floss.
I think this seam looks very nice on my block!
Take a closer look at my new seam here.

12 opmerkingen:

  1. The stitched wheels are perfect! Nice use of the stencil, too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you. I used the stencils for the wheels to make nice circles.

      Verwijderen
  2. A good combination of stitches for the neatly curved line and circles.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. this has worked beautifully, I think we all love Sharon`s stencils, hoping she will have more available soon.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Margaret. Yes, I love Sharon's stencils. I just need to use them more, this was only the second time!

      Verwijderen
  4. This is a wonderful seam treatment!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. A lovely use of the stitches!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Looks so wonderful. I love your work.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen