. . . were the only patterns to use in this week’s zentangle challenge at I am the diva. Both were new to me, so I practised them before tangling them in my red Moleskine. I still managed to make a ‘variation’ in Chebucto (there are no mistakes in zentangling!).
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
This week I added 2 more stitches to the needlepoint sampler I started last week. The first one is Parisian stitch. I found different variations of this stitch in my books, it was stitched over 2 and 4 threads or 2 and 6 threads. My sample is stitched over 2 and 6 threads. Just spotted the mistake when I looked at my photo.
Condensed cashmere stitch is a diagonal needlepoint stitch, the first one on my sampler.
I hope to share some new stitches on my phoenix next week.
Monday, January 26, 2015
These are the first borders of 2015 for Randje per week. I only stitch the cross stitch borders, so I skipped randje 2 in star stitch.
I just continued stitching on the same page as the last borders of 2014. I used 2 threads of stranded Anchor in green and yellow.
More info about this SAL at Randje per week.
Saturday, January 24, 2015
For this week’s zentangle challenge Laura asked us to use the Moebius Syndrome Foundation logo as a string, because today is Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day. You can read more about this in her blog post.
Purple is the colour for this syndrome, so I painted a tile of watercolour paper with purple watercolour paint. I put some scrunched plastic on top of the wet paint which I removed when it was dry. Then I tangled networking in the background and coloured the orbs with a violet brush pen. Networking is a pattern in Zentangle 2 by Suzanne McNeill.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
It’s been 2 months since my last WIPW post, time to continue with my phoenix embroidery. I think I’m ready with pulled thread and I want to continue with needlepoint. I wasn’t sure which stitches to use, there are so many in my embroidery books!
The RSN book Canvaswork by Rachel Doyle was a big help. Lots of info about how to use the different needlepoint stitches. It’s the first time I read an embroidery book from cover to cover! The author made a lovely needlepoint sampler with 1 inch squares in red. That would be a great help to see how stitches behave on my fabric. Not only for this project, but for future projects too. In short, I started a 9 x 9 inch sampler on 28 count linen to stitch 1 inch square samples of needlepoint stitches. I use DMC perle 8 in pink 602, I have a 25 g skein of it in my stash and hope it will be enough. Here are the first 3 samples.
First I stitched Victorian step, which I found in the RSN book Canvaswork. It’s a lovely stitch, but I think it would look better in a thicker thread.
This is Hungarian grounding.
There are a few variations on brick stitch, this is brick filling. I found it in Stitch Sampler by Lucinda Ganderton. You can stitch brick filling in 2 colours too, just like Hungarian grounding. It means I have to start another sampler for colourful samples.
I’m not sure which stitch or stitches to use on my phoenix, there are a few more stitches I want to try first. Hopefully I have some progress to share next week, these squares are time consuming (50-60 minutes).
Work In Progress Wednesday is a support group to encourage people to complete languishing projects, Works In Slow Progress or UFO’s.
More info at Pin Tangle.
Sunday, January 18, 2015
This year I’m participating in the birthday card swap at Fibre Fever. Marijke was the first birthday girl on the list. My card was inspired by Queenie’s tutorial. I used a small part of my orts from 2010.
Thursday, January 15, 2015
. . . is the name of this week’s zentangle challenge at I am the diva. It’s her 200th challenge and she challenged us to:
- use the whole tile
- use only your favourite tangle
- add 200 somewhere on your tile
I didn’t think too much and used 200 as my string. I drew it with a bold black marker. My favourite tangle is Waves, which I enlarged a bit for the background. Of course 200 needed something special, so I coloured part of Waves red.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Yesterday I finished the last border for Randje per week 2014. I didn’t want to blog before they were done! Randje 90, 91, 92 and 95 are stitched in brown on page 5.
Page 5 is the first page in one colour.
Randje 93, 94, 97, 98, 100, 101, 105 and 104 are done in green and yellow on page 6.
My result of Randje per week 2014. There are 106 borders on the blog Randje per week and I stitched 70 of them. I used 2 threads of stranded Anchor in purple, 3 shades of green, pink, dark red, 2 shades of yellow, blue, terracotta and brown.
Randje per week continues with a new sampler in 2015, every Saturday there will be 2 new borders. I just continue adding these to my pages. Later I will add borders from magazines, books, online sources and a few designed by me.
More info about this SAL here. The charts of Randje per week 2014 will be there until March 1, 2015.