woensdag 11 februari 2015

Work In Progress Wednesday - February 11

This week I started another 9 x 9 inch needlepoint sampler on 28 count Jobelan evenweave. I bought these 25 gram skeins of DMC perle 8 in brown and antique blue. I hope it’s enough to stitch 81 one inch squares on my sampler, these stitches are thread-eaters!
I started with Hungarian grounding. 
This is brick filling, I found this stitch in Stitch Sampler by Lucinda Ganderton.
It’s great to see the difference with one or two colours. You can see my pink squares with the same stitches here.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh, such beautiful colour combination!
    Your even stitches and beautiful design make me want to try needlepoint, too. Can I use it on my Pile 'em On piece I wonder? Does it have to be a sturdy evenweave fabric?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Of course you can use needlepoint stitches on your Pile 'm On piece! Originally needlepoint is for canvas, but if you like to experiment it works on other fabrics too. If you look at my pink needlepoint sampler (https://www.flickr.com/photos/28957501@N04/sets/72157650404207431), you can see it's an unregular piece of linen. It's different, but it looks nice too. Just have a go with different threads. I'm looking forward to see your stitches!

      Verwijderen
  2. Lovely Annet - I like the subtle colours

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Me too. I'm so glad I finally started my needlepoint samplers, it was on my to-do-list since I was in your sumptuous surface class!

      Verwijderen